What Breed and Gender?

lanieava

In the Brooder
May 5, 2015
1 of our chickens was hatched in my daughters class so not sure what she is. She is the white one named Peep.
3 are from Orschlen's and came from a bin with a sign that said they are Bantams. What kind I am not sure. They look more like Golden Sexlink's to me. (Ginny, Penny & McRoo)
2 also came from Orschlen's in a bin that said they are Rhode Island Red's. Only 1 looks like a Rhode Island to me. (Ruby & Sassafras)

Attachments

• McRoo.jpg
    McRoo.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Peep.jpg
    Peep.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Penny.jpg
    Penny.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Ruby.jpg
    Ruby.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 8
  • Ginny.jpg
    Ginny.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Sassafras.jpg
    Sassafras.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 8
I see a Red sex-link, about two Production Reds, maybe a 3 hatchery Rhode Island Reds. Also I think I see three cockerels, McRoo, Ginny, and Penny.

1 of our chickens was hatched in my daughters class so not sure what she is. She is the white one named Peep.
3 are from Orschlen's and came from a bin with a sign that said they are Bantams. What kind I am not sure. They look more like Golden Sexlink's to me. (Ginny, Penny & McRoo)
2 also came from Orschlen's in a bin that said they are Rhode Island Red's. Only 1 looks like a Rhode Island to me. (Ruby & Sassafras)

Peep, Ruby, and Sassafras appear to be pullets while the other three look to be cockerels.

I see a Red sex-link, about two Production Reds, maybe a 3 hatchery Rhode Island Reds. Also I think I see three cockerels, McRoo, Ginny, and Penny.
Which ones are the red sex-link, production reds and rhode island reds do you think?

Peep, Ruby, and Sassafras appear to be pullets while the other three look to be cockerels.
Thank you, I was really afraid that Ginny and Penny may be Cockerels. 3 pullets and 3 cockerels are not a good combination are they? Isn't the rule 1 rooster to every 4-5 hens?

Back
Top Bottom