What breed and gender?

herpsss

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
northern,va
99331_071011001128.jpg

Last 1. It has never crowed so I guess it's a hen. But it sometimes acts like a rooster. So I'm just not sure. Sorry about the separate posts I can't figure out how to get all of the pictures on 1 post
hmm.png

Thanks ahead for any help you can give!

Quote:
x2
It's got the saddle feathers. Mille Fleur is the name of the coloring, in case you wanted to know.

Thanks! But not good...now i have 4 roos and 1 hen! Ugghh. Well, i guess i always had them, just now i know!
Oh, and which are saddle feathers??? The long on the neck??

looks like a Duccle roo. you are going to need to get more hens or get rid of three roosters.If you dont the one hen is going to get beat up

Last edited:
Quote:
this is a sure thing. most people only keep 1-2 roosters per 12-18 hens. or in trio pens. 1 roo per 2-3 hens. 4 roos per 1 hen or 3 roos per one hen EVEN 2:.1hen is just trouble waiting to take place.

This is really helpful..thank you all. All of the roos are so sweet and hop in your lap..its gonna be hard to choose. But 3 of them ( the bandito brothers) all look the same so we'll probably get rid of 2. And of course get more hens! This has been so much fun and my whole family has become chicken nuts already
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom