What breed and sex is this?

hrt4desh

Songster
Jun 6, 2019
SW Virginia
So my neighbor mistakenly got 6 chicks for me earlier this year. (They were supposed to go to another neighbor. Long story. šŸ˜Š) She's not a chicken person so she couldn't remember the breed. I've searched and searched, looking at pictures by the dozens and I'm still not sure. Is this a Gold Laced Wyandotte? If so, based on the pictures I've seen, I'm not sure which ones are male or female.

These birds are roughly 10 weeks old.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
signal-2021-08-13-080343.jpg
signal-2021-08-13-080340.jpg

Same group of chicks, 5 weeks old.
20210702_185402.jpg
20210702_185355.jpg

The five in that last photo are all pullets, sadly. Did your neighbor get them from TSC? Mine had GLW pullets available a few times - she may have bought them from a sexed bin.

A lot of people will be trying to get rid of excess cockerels. I would check Craigslist, FB marketplace and your stateā€™s thread on this forum - Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be able to find a nice boy for free or cheap!

The five in that last photo are all pullets, sadly. Did your neighbor get them from TSC? Mine had GLW pullets available a few times - she may have bought them from a sexed bin.

A lot of people will be trying to get rid of excess cockerels. I would check Craigslist, FB marketplace and your stateā€™s thread on this forum - Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be able to find a nice boy for free or cheap!
I honestly don't know where she got them. Somewhere in Southern Michigan. Lol

Thank you for letting me know. šŸ™‚

Back
Top Bottom