What Breed and Sex is this?

JoJosChickys

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2022
I have a 6 week old chick. No clue the breed or sex. The hens and Roo to this chick are all black with red combs. I'll attach a picture of chick and possible mothers.

Attachments

• 20220620_114620.jpg
    20220620_114620.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220620_205754.jpg
    20220620_205754.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 5
That's a cockerel. As for his breed, what are all the possible parents' breeds?
Another thing, I noticed the condition of the adult's feathers, and a container full of scratch. What are you feeding your chickens?

That's a cockerel. As for his breed, what are all the possible parents' breeds?
Another thing, I noticed the condition of the adult's feathers, and a container full of scratch. What are you feeding your chickens?
Not my chickens. But he feeds them scratch with a layer mixed together. We don't know the breed. He was given these by a family member that is no longer living.

Not my chickens. But he feeds them scratch with a layer mixed together. We don't know the breed. He was given these by a family member that is no longer living.
looks like a mixed breed cockerel.
Tell the chickens owner that scratch should be fed as a treat and not mixed into their feed, it's like cheetos, not really healthy. ;]

Then he's just a mixed breed cockerel.
You have to tell the owner that scratch should only be given as an occasional treat. It's fattening and lacks the nutrients that chickens need. He should only be giving them the layer feed.

Then he's just a mixed breed cockerel.
You have to tell the owner that scratch should only be given as an occasional treat. It's fattening and lacks the nutrients that chickens need. He should only be giving them the layer feed.
The chick is mine and I told him. I also am doing my research on feeds and such. Chicks are an chick starter. Appreciate everyone's help.

Back
Top Bottom