What Breed? And size question.

Smartie_Pants

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Madisonville, KY
I got this chick April 5th, and its wing feathers had just barely started to come in. It was bought at a feed store and given away at an easter egg hunt.
roll.png
I asked when it was a chick and everyone said RIR, but I thought they were a darker red. So is it a RIR?

018.jpg

The second question is, my mama silkie hatched 4 chicks on April 5th. The daddy was an EE and she is a white silkie. Two of the chicks seem to be standard size with feathered legs. One of them also has five toes. The one has a silkie body type and EE feathers, the other has an EE body type and solid white feathers. The other two chicks are small, with one having feathered legs. Both appear to have gotten the bantam gene, but one is much smaller than the other. It doesn't even have all of its feathers yet. Here's a pic:

030.jpg

It is the little white one on the far right. The one next to it, the goldish red one, is the other small one. The white one is the standard size, and they were all born on the same day from the same hatch. All of the eggs were silkie eggs. Is the little one okay? Why is it so small compared to the other small one?

Back
Top Bottom