What breed are Fergie & Rufus?

Quacker lovah

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 4, 2014

These are my 2 gorgeous ducks they are about a yr old now. Can anyone tell me what breed they are please? I have looked but am unsure as there is so many that are of similar resemblance!! Rufus the white male has a curl n his back feather, a orange bill and legs & Fergie is the female black with white front, and some shiny purple feathers in amongst her wings, she has a black bill and black with a slight touch of orange feet.

These are my 2 gorgeous ducks they are about a yr old now. Can anyone tell me what breed they are please? I have looked but am unsure as there is so many that are of similar resemblance!! Rufus the white male has a curl n his back feather, a orange bill and legs & Fergie is the female black with white front, and some shiny purple feathers in amongst her wings, she has a black bill and black with a slight touch of orange feet.
Fergie looks to be Blk Swedish, Rufus looks to be White Campbell more than Pekin . Did you get them at a feed store? Breeder?
welcome-byc.gif

Thankyou Miss Lydia, No I bought them off a farm up in whangarei last year and was told they were paradise ducks, but when I googled I realized they def aren't paradise ducks lols.

Yes good point Whangarei is a small town up the top of the North Island in New Zealand. Its currently our winter atm so lil worried bout these eggs we have but well see how it goes, have just popped up a post regarding that as well.

Yes 25+ of the lil lovelies.. as its my first time round im a little unsure as to what I should do in terms of not wanting to interfere but I would like the best survival rate possible :-/

Back
Top Bottom