What breed are my chicks? HELP

Hello all, I was wondering if any of you chicken lovers out there could help me with the breed of my chickens. I got them at tractor supply co in muskegon a few weeks back, they have already began to "feather out" I think the term is called. The ones i purchased were called pullets but I have no clue what that means. They are all suppose to be hens but I have heard that some stores mess up and cant tell them sex correctly. Please any links or pictures would be lovelyQUOTE] I'm a new chicken mama too, so I'm not as knowledgeable as some on here...but I will say your baby looks identical to my leghorn pullets that I also got at TSC. :)
Unless TSC told me wrong too lol!!
1f602.png
Cute babies!
1f423.png

I'm a new chicken mama too, so I'm not as knowledgeable as some on here...but I will say your baby looks identical to my leghorn pullets that I also got at TSC. :)

Unless TSC told me wrong too lol!!
1f602.png

Cute babies!
1f423.png

Different stores have different things, though. They sell several breeds and hybrids that start off as a yellow chick. It could end up a tetratint or something like that, too. At this point, it's just an educated guess
1f609.png

Different stores have different things, though. They sell several breeds and hybrids that start off as a yellow chick. It could end up a tetratint or something like that, too. At this point, it's just an educated guess
1f609.png

Lol you are right...I swear TSC had the labels switched around the last few times I went in, so who even knows if my Leghorns are Leghorns ha. They had my Rhode Island's labeled as sex links doh
1f610.png

Last edited:
Bantams are smaller versions of some of the popular breeds. They were bred to be smaller. Thus require less space. So they are perfect for people in the city or with limited space . Cochins, silkies, wellsummer, buff brahma, buff Orpington , Rhode Island Red, sebright, duck wing, Easter eggers, Japanese, leghorn, du ccles, and Mille fleur are some of the bantam breeds from the hatchery I use. Bantams are awesome !!

Yes im fully aware- mixed meaning- multiple diff breeds in the same bin.

Back
Top Bottom