What breed are my chicks? HELP

newchick33

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2017

Hello all,
I was wondering if any of you chicken lovers out there could help me with the breed of my chickens. I got them at tractor supply co in muskegon a few weeks back, they have already began to "feather out" I think the term is called. The ones i purchased were called pullets but I have no clue what that means. They are all suppose to be hens but I have heard that some stores mess up and cant tell them sex correctly. Please any links or pictures would be lovely<3 thank you

Hey. Pullet means- female chick( baby hen)
And i cant tell if they are pure white... maybe they are white leghorn chicks? Hopefully someone else will come along who knows for sure what breed:)
They are cute anyway!

Bantam is a type of chicken not a breed . There are many bantam breeds. And tractor supply sells assorted bantams. There is usually a sign there that tells what breeds of bantams they "could" be. I have gotten Cochins, frizzle cochins and wellsummers. And this year a couple unknowns at the moment. I have heard of people getting silkies too from TS

Our tractor supply just sells mixed bantams. As mentioned they are not a specific breed. They are tiny tho- like miniature chickens.
Our store never lists possible breeds.
Yours looks like a sebright to me..... again im not a chicken expert by any means. So i could be wrong.

Last edited:

I SHOULD ALSO PUT THIS ONE OUT THERE. This is an unsexed bantam,at least hats what the store said. When i look up bantam chicks they don't look like my chicken.
please help

Our tractor supply just sells mixed bantams. As mentioned they are not a specific breed. They are tiny tho- like miniature chickens.
Yours looks like a seabright to me..... again im not a chicken expert by any means. So i could be wrong.

My bantam is a lot smaller than the rest of my chicks. It didn't say anything about possible breeds so I don't really know what he is at this point. Thank you tho!!

Yours looks like a sebright to me..... again im not a chicken expert by any means. So i could be wrong.

Bantams are smaller versions of some of the popular breeds. They were bred to be smaller. Thus require less space. So they are perfect for people in the city or with limited space . Cochins, silkies, wellsummer, buff brahma, buff Orpington , Rhode Island Red, sebright, duck wing, Easter eggers, Japanese, leghorn, du ccles, and Mille fleur are some of the bantam breeds from the hatchery I use. Bantams are awesome !!

Back
Top Bottom