What breed are my chicks?

WeirdOwl

Chirping
Jun 6, 2020
Screenshot_20220423-193747_Gallery.jpg
20220423_193854.jpg
20220423_140410.jpg
20220423_182124.jpg

In the first picture, we have Isla. She has a crest forming. She was sold as an "Easter egger" at Rural King.
In the second picture, we have Dove. She also has a crest. She was sold as an "Olive egger"
In the 3rd picture, I'm asking about Ms Virginia at the bottom of the photo. The one with light and dark feathers. She was sold as an ameraucana.
And in the final photo, we have Omeletta. I forgot to take a picture of her breed and can't remember what it said.

I just feel like other Easter/olive Eggers that I see online do not look like this. I was also unsure about the ameraucana.

Any help figuring out their breeds will be appreciated. 🥰

Thank you! I was thinking it was silver something or other but wasn't sure!

Does the legbar Easter egger breed have anything to do with the egg color? I'm so curious to see what their eggs will look like. 😆
Should still be a shade of blue or green :) Legbars do have a tendency to lay eggs that are a bit rounder in shape so that might show through with those two!

View attachment 3089415View attachment 3089416

Here is Harrietta, she was also sold as an Ameracauna. Is she also an Easter egger? ETA she is around a month younger than the other chicks and still stays in a brooder 🥰

Easter Eggers are commonly sold as "Americanas" -- with the misspelling to ward off lawsuits for false advertising.

Actual Ameraucanas come in named color varieties and cost $15-$20 each for sexed pullets rather than in mixed colors at $4-6 each for sexed pullets. :)

First three are Easter Eggers. The ones with crests are just derived from Legbars rather than South American breeds. The last is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. :)
Thank you! I was thinking it was silver something or other but wasn't sure!

Does the legbar Easter egger breed have anything to do with the egg color? I'm so curious to see what their eggs will look like. 😆

She has willow legs and is the typical, "old-fashioned" Easter Egger before the Legbar mixes took off in recent years :)
20220502_160933.jpg
20220502_160632.jpg

Here is Harrietta, she was also sold as an Ameracauna. Is she also an Easter egger? ETA she is around a month younger than the other chicks and still stays in a brooder 🥰

Easter Eggers are commonly sold as "Americanas" -- with the misspelling to ward off lawsuits for false advertising.

Actual Ameraucanas come in named color varieties and cost $15-$20 each for sexed pullets rather than in mixed colors at $4-6 each for sexed pullets. :)
Thank you! That makes sense because I did notice it was misspelled.

Back
Top Bottom