What Breed are These Bantams

Honestly, I think Dutch and OEGBs probably get mixed at some hatcheries. A couple I've had have had a mix of red and white on their earlobes. They're pretty similar in size and stature (at least the ones I've seen, which might have a shared heritage, lol).

I think your first 3 are a trio of Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantams. The last one looks like a partridge Cochin...how old is it? That comb is pretty red, but the pattern is female for now. Age will help.
I agree although I suspect the Cochin is a cockerel

Partridge cockerel would have a black chest. Though I agree it's quite developed for a pullet.
That's true but I have seen a handful on here that come in pencilled at first. Totally against all logic and especially for the variety. I believe the cockerel I'm thinking of was large fowl too 😳 I'll try and find the thread!!

That's true but I have seen a handful on here that come in pencilled at first. Totally against all logic and especially for the variety. I believe the cockerel I'm thinking of was large fowl too 😳 I'll try and find the thread!!
For sure! I'd love to see it.

Did OP say how old this chick is? Depending on age, I'd say cockerel if it wasn't for that chest. Can't even trust that anymore it seems lol.

Back
Top Bottom