What breed are these banties?????

Desert Rooster

El Gallo Del Desierto
9 Years
Sep 4, 2010
Hesperia, Ca
I got them about a month ago, they have been in quarentine and are now ready to join my flock.
They both are laying already, and that both have featherd feet, the blue hen has a small poof of feathers on her head

67044_dsc00349.jpg

67044_dsc00352.jpg

They appear to be part cochin--I'm not sure what they're crossed with, however. They're quite cute!
smile.png

Also, are you sure the second bird is a hen? That big comb is suspicious, but then again the bird doesn't have a rooster tail or anything, so. I guess she's just a hen with a large comb.

Last edited:
They could be a Cochin/Orpington Cross as they have not fully feathered feet which is obviously a trate which the Orpington has that the Cochin doesn't.
That may not sound clear enough - The Orpington breed looks like a Cochin but does not have feathered feet / Cochin's have the fully feathered feet.

Regards
Dr Rob.

With Regards to the second one I would hazard a guess that she is indeed a he (Roo) I have had a few bantams who I was sure were hens until they started crowing at as late as 6 months old.
I do not know if this is a common bantam trate !

Regards
Dr Rob.

Last edited:
You have 2 beautiful examples of Azure Dust Mop Footed girls. They are wonderful for dusting the furniture, just turn them loose in the house. Of Course, you still have to pick up all that poo.
gig.gif
Or you could borrow my dog-the champion poo-eater.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom