What breed are these banties?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Desert Rooster, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    I got them about a month ago, they have been in quarentine and are now ready to join my flock.
    They both are laying already, and that both have featherd feet, the blue hen has a small poof of feathers on her head

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    They appear to be part cochin--I'm not sure what they're crossed with, however. They're quite cute! [​IMG]

Also, are you sure the second bird is a hen? That big comb is suspicious, but then again the bird doesn't have a rooster tail or anything, so. I guess she's just a hen with a large comb.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. DrRob

DrRob Out Of The Brooder

They could be a Cochin/Orpington Cross as they have not fully feathered feet which is obviously a trate which the Orpington has that the Cochin doesn't.
    That may not sound clear enough - The Orpington breed looks like a Cochin but does not have feathered feet / Cochin's have the fully feathered feet.

Regards
    Dr Rob.

4. DrRob

DrRob Out Of The Brooder

With Regards to the second one I would hazard a guess that she is indeed a he (Roo) I have had a few bantams who I was sure were hens until they started crowing at as late as 6 months old.
    I do not know if this is a common bantam trate !

Regards
    Dr Rob.

5. storminstaffs

storminstaffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Durham, UK
    the roo has a crest to, don't know what breed though, i'm not clued up on banties

6. Desert Rooster

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    they are both hens, both of them are laying

7. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    You have 2 beautiful examples of Azure Dust Mop Footed girls. They are wonderful for dusting the furniture, just turn them loose in the house. Of Course, you still have to pick up all that poo. [​IMG] Or you could borrow my dog-the champion poo-eater. [​IMG]

8. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    [​IMG]
    Quote:they look like a mix but cute

9. Desert Rooster

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] , thats funny