What Breed are These, Please?

Lady Badlands

Songster
10 Years
Nov 5, 2009
Bought a property and the previous tenants abandoned these chickens--one rooster and two hens. They are really beautiful. I found a bunch of brown eggs the hens laid in the nesting boxes in the coop they were left in. Any identification of these cuties would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
44088_dsc_0030.jpg

44088_dsc_0032.jpg

They also abandoned a couple of tiny kittens. I don't understand these folks. They just moved down the road about a mile. If I hadn't been going over there ever other day to feed the critters, I'd hate to think of what would have happened to them. Now I have to figure out how to incorporate the three of them into my brood of 23 hens and 1 male guinea. If I leave them at this property all winter and we get snowed in, they'll starve. My hens and one male guinea are almost 5 months old and have been raised together since they were born. Don't have a clue as to the age of this Roo and his hens.

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Red Sexlinks - also known as comets. They are a mixed breed that can be sexed at hatch. They are also some of the BEST layers you will ever get. From the looks they are around 9 months old. That is assuming that the girls are the same age as the rooster. They do look nice and young too.

You can look forward to several years of LOTS of brown eggs.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom