What breed are these pullets ?

Okay, those two aren't the same breed and also not really silver laced.

The darker one might be a silver double laced ?? Or looks like the same pattern as dark Brahma but not the right legs or comb...

The other one.. the white one.. not conforming to any breed standard that I'm aware of. Likely a crossbreed according to feather pattern not being quite complete.. maybe crossed to something silver laced. Red ear lobes and straight comb means most likely brown eggs. Both look clean legged with four toes and straight combs.. That's not Wyandotte at all and even seabright *should* throw rose comb. But if it had a hidden straight comb gene, will throw straight combs when bred to straight comb. The whiter one will likely lay before the other if she isn't already. But does look hen feathered.. though.. seabright cockerels ARE hen feathered.. if that a silver seabright cross.. well, let me just say that that's awfully big red comb and wattles for the stated age (16 weeks) AND time of year COUPLED with your northern location.. in MY experience anyways.. maybe it's just awesome early maturing genetics, faster than most Leghorn?? :pop

I agree.. barnyard cross is most likely. Kinda fun to roll the dice sometimes! Hope they turn out perfect for you. :love
The white one is 19 weeks and very round shaped . Reminds me of my cochin almost . Are you thinking it may be a rooster ? It has no characteristics aside from the red comb and wattles. I really really dont need another roo lol

The white one is 19 weeks and very round shaped . Reminds me of my cochin almost . Are you thinking it may be a rooster ? It has no characteristics aside from the red comb and wattles. I really really dont need another roo lol
Good side photos of that one would help us tell for sure.

They have a Silver Penciled in lineage. Being single comb and not Cochin fluffy it's likely Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock. What it was mated to back in the family tree is something with white skin. It's seems there is intent to get back to the Penciled pattern. The white bird is same pattern but incomplete. These birds are at least second generation from original cross. What the white skin, single comb origin bird was I'd guess Orpington.

They have a Silver Penciled in lineage. Being single comb and not Cochin fluffy it's likely Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock. What it was mated to back in the family tree is something with white skin. It's seems there is intent to get back to the Penciled pattern. The white bird is same pattern but incomplete. These birds are at least second generation from original cross. What the white skin, single comb origin bird was I'd guess Orpington.
Or light Sussex?

Back
Top Bottom