What breed are these two?

Foufouthechickgirl

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2021
Hey guys, my neighbour is giving me two chicks of his, he’s not quite sure what breed they are, I was thinking a lakenvelder maybe?

These are the best two photos I could get of them:
AF6A28F7-87E2-44EE-A82D-5ED1F0DF39EC.jpeg
5DA8F06B-842C-4706-9699-1342496CFC52.jpeg

(Don’t mind the other two quails)😅

Did you ask the neighbor where they got them? Did they hatch them? Can you take a picture of them outside of that brooder? : D thank you!
He said he got them off a friend while they were still eggs, I can’t take them out of the brooder since my neighbour isn’t home at the moment, I did a little research, they look like lakenvelders, I’m just not too sure :)

Did you ask the neighbor where they got them? Did they hatch them? Can you take a picture of them outside of that brooder? : D thank you!
Could also be a golden laced wyandotte by the stripes down it’s back, I remember the face and parts of the body having patches of gold fuzz

Could also be a golden laced wyandotte by the stripes down it’s back, I remember the face and parts of the body having patches of gold fuzz
Lots of breeds while baby chicks can come in the chipmunk pattern, which is all I can really tell about them. If he got them from hatching eggs there's also a decent chance they're mix breeds. A picture of them out of the brooder would be helpful whenever you can :)

Lots of breeds while baby chicks can come in the chipmunk pattern, which is all I can really tell about them. If he got them from hatching eggs there's also a decent chance they're mix breeds. A picture of them out of the brooder would be helpful whenever you can :)
Agreed, I have brown leghorns and they look exactly the same as chicks.

Definitely not Lakenvelders. Most likely mixes, one seems to have a rose comb and a beard which aren't associated together with any LF breed that's common and I can't see enough about the other, but I bet both are mixes.

Back
Top Bottom