what breed are these two

roosters usually dont crow until 5-6 months. some wait even later. of course you cant go by him crowing, if he is indeed a pullet. i know i have had at least 5 of my hens crow before.
tongue.png
. and hanging around in nest box is nothing until they lay a egg. my OEGB rooster is 16 months old. he STILL gets in the nest box just to scratch around... in the cold winters i found him and my hen sleeping in their nest a few nights rotfl. that was a sight to see.. in all the time i've had chickens (13 years, aka my whole life) never had seen/heard anything like that... im assuming it was because of the coldness though. i guess you truely wont know until he crows daily and starts topping the other pullet :O.

-Daniel

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, if it's not, you have a very *unusual* pullet with curved sickle feathers with a beetle green sheen.
wink.png

Like mahonri said, EExRIR. And I've seen those kinds of birds about a million times.

Quote:
Well, if it's not, you have a very *unusual* pullet with curved sickle feathers with a beetle green sheen.
wink.png

Like mahonri said, EExRIR. And I've seen those kinds of birds about a million times.

now now, lets just drop it. we've given all the info we can.. and they refuse to say its a roo, we all say it is. i think its best to just see how it turns out :p,

Kesta, chick sexing is more of an art than a science, with a 10-20% failure rate, depending on who you talk to. I have had to sell a rooster I owned because he was sexed as a pullet by professional sexers at Ideal Poultry and I had no desire for that breed rooster at the time. I hope yours is just a butch-looking pullet, but when a pea comb is raised and red like that at 12 weeks old or before, usually it means it's a cockerel. My Easter Egger pullet is 20 weeks old and just now, her comb is pinkening up. My rooster that crowed the latest of all my roosters was at 15 weeks, a black Ameraucana. Let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom