What breed are these two

fwunit114

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015

Polish and columbian Wyandotte if that's a rose comb and maybe a light Sussex if it's a single comb

Last edited:
I picked these two up at a flea market today the rooster I bought because the seller would not separate from a white crested black polish I wanted I got the other just because she was so gentle.

What is a rose comb I'm new at this
She has a single comb. She is not a Wyandotte because they have rose combs, and she is not a light Sussex because of her yellow legs. Could be a hatchery Delaware or just a random mix. My vote is for mix given the barred cockerel is also a mix.

Last edited:
She has a single comb. She is not a Wyandotte because they have rose combs, and she is not a light Sussex because of her yellow legs. Could be a hatchery Delaware or just a random mix. My vote is for mix given the barred cockerel is also a mix.

X 2 - while single combs do sometimes occur in Wyandottes, it is a recessive trait---it would make more sense to consider breeds that are single combed and fit the rest of the characteristics first.

When I separate the barred Cockrell from the white crested polish hen I got she is less picky what does this mean should I get rid of one

Polish and Columbian Rock or Delaware. The second bird is not a Light Sussex, since her legs are yellow (sussex have white legs).

Back
Top Bottom