What breed are these?

Most hatchery EEs do lay blue/green. I honestly don't think people who are buying pure AMs are in it for their blue eggs. If they are willing to pay more money for something pure, they are likely in it to win it, in a sense. But it seems that most people who buy EEs as Ameraucanas are quite new to the chicken world.
I seen a pole on fb before and most of them laid brown. People whos buying ams are thinking they got a real rare breed which there not and there awful layers aswell lol. Then you got people believeing when hatcheries sells ees as am that their pure so when they said they bred their ee "am" over brown they think they made an olive egger which its not lol seen that allot aswell

Most hatchery EEs do lay blue/green. I honestly don't think people who are buying pure AMs are in it for their blue eggs. If they are willing to pay more money for something pure, they are likely in it to win it, in a sense. But it seems that most people who buy EEs as Ameraucanas are quite new to the chicken world.
I prefer Easter eggers, myself. You get a range of egg colors, and the birds themselves are all sorts of beautiful colors, too. I find them to be very good layers.

I seen a pole on fb before and most of them laid brown. People whos buying ams are thinking they got a real rare breed which there not and there awful layers aswell lol. Then you got people believeing when hatcheries sells ees as am that their pure so when they said they bred their ee "am" over brown they think they made an olive egger which its not lol seen that allot aswell
All I can tell you is that I bought 10 EEs from TSC 2 years ago and all lay blue. 🤷‍♀️
I prefer Easter eggers, myself. You get a range of egg colors, and the birds themselves are all sorts of beautiful colors, too. I find them to be very good layers.
Me too.

Was it spelled Ameraucana or Americana? Americana is just a fancy name for EEs that a lot of hatcheries will use. And yes, some do sell EEs as Ameraucanas too. I don't think it's a way to gain MORE money, EEs are just so much easier to find.
Ameracauna
Thank you for your response 💗

They are Easter eggers. Hatcheries often sell EEs as Americaunas, with the changed spelling, but also sometimes with the right spelling. It is false advertising-- they are counting on people not being able to tell the difference between the two.

For future reference, TSC and other local chick sellers aren't likely to sell purebred Ameraucanas. Pure Ameraucanas will always be listed by color-- black Ameraucanas, silver Ameraucanas, etc. Unless you see them advertised this way they are selling Easter eggers.
Thanks so much!! I was looking at them and could tell they weren’t full ameracauna because of the leg color. The high school kid said “yeah I’m sorry, idk what they are. We just get them and sell them.” I thought they were cute, I’ve had ee’s before, so I got them 😊

Back
Top Bottom