what breed are these?

alibaba

Songster
7 Years
May 19, 2012
hi, here is my ducks, please tell me about their breed. there are two drakes and two ducks.
big one is 7 weeks old and rest of 3 are 6 weeks old. here is pictures. my friend told me, two of them are silver appleyard but dont know mini Silver appleyard or S A. all of them have a orange feet and yellow bill. drake 2 has yellow green bill with black tip. and duck 1 has yellow bill with black tip.

Drake 1

Duck 1

Drake 2

Last edited:
Hmmm, I think those are mixes.

And maybe it's just me, but the length of their back to their tails looks a bit Muscovy to me. The coloring at first glance reminded me of Welsh Harlequins, but they don't look exactly like WHs to me, either.

hmmmmmmm

3 look similar to silver appleyards,,but one looks different from the rest,the black and white one..he looks magpie..definitely mixes,but very beautiful:)

Last edited:
I agree with Amiga. Three of them look almost like welsh harlequins, but the other looks almost like an ancona. But they have the long tail feathers which say muscovy. Maybe they are muscovy/welsh harlequin or silver appleyard crosses? And the other a muscovy/ancona cross?

The black and white spotted one looks to be an ancona.

The rest look like welsh, likely crosses or they are simply poorly marked.
Generally welsh drakes with proper markings will look like that as juvies, but develop a darker, more green head and neck.

learycow, do you think that because they are not quite adults that they seem to have a longish body? Or have I just not noticed that about WH or Anconas?

learycow, do you think that because they are not quite adults that they seem to have a longish body? Or have I just not noticed that about WH or Anconas?
Could be. I have seen some strange bodied juvies before! But from my experiences, that seems to stay as adults. It usually looks better once they fill out (the longish body) but it will remain long compared to how it should be. I have some anconas like that but kept them as I think they will be good for meat ducks. Longer bodies, more full, more meat :)

I'm thinking welsh harlequin for all but the black and white one who looks like an ancona or magpie. The ones I think that might be WH could possibly be silver appleyards. You will know more when they fully feather out.

I'm thinking welsh harlequin for all but the black and white one who looks like an ancona or magpie.  The ones I think that might be WH could possibly be silver appleyards.  You will know more when they fully feather out.

X2

Back
Top Bottom