What breed are these?

Leg color and egg color have no genetic co-relation. Most green legged birds are Easter eggers, but breeds like Jersey Giants have willow legs, so it's not a given to be an EE. It is by far the most commonly seen, though, and if the bird doesn't match any other breed description EE is usually the label slapped on it.

I had EE/Leghorn crosses with pretty yellow legs who laid blue and green eggs, so it doesn't always carry through.

There are some breeds that have dark blue (called Slate) legs, the true Ameraucana comes to mind. Silkies have black legs/skin, as do Sumatras and some other breeds. If you want funky black, look up the Ayam Cemani here at Greenfire

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Ba-FvdP1ccW5ItGXy5_jnpw&bvm=bv.71667212,d.cGE

Easter eggers can be pretty much any color. Hatcheries breed them for egg color and production, with no eye to specific colors. Many of them don't meet a specific color, they're so mixed I just call them Easter egger colored
wink.png
Black and white, like your second bird, is a very common EE cockerel pattern. There are black and white EE pullets, but they have more black and it's evenly distributed over the body.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

$1,499 for a Swedish black hen!!!

Do you know what would happen to me while I was sleeping some night if I bought one of them!

(different bird on the list to left side of page on Donrae's url.......)

Now back to Id'ing my birds:

The last one has green legs so I know it is a EE... now is it a boy or girl? No pressure but the length of time it has left depends on this answer..........(either way it has a few months left)

On the second set of pics

I think EE cockerel
Lighter bird is an EE cockerel if clean legged. If you have a feather legged bird that looks like that it would be a light Brahma
The next two I think are a Dixie Rainbow or whatever similar name that hatchery markets their slow growing meat birds under. Pioneer, etc.That bird's a cockerel
Then a hatchery Rhode Island Red pullet.
Last pic with two birds....a Rainbow cockerel and a red sex link pullet.
X2
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom