What breed are they or hybrid????

moiphy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
NC
Okay so I am sure I have 3 Pullets....I am now just curious on what I have. Early in their lives a lot people said, tetra tints, Easter Egger and a Delaware Just want to see if everyone still agrees.

Rainbow (possible EE)
IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

Dots (possible Delaware)
IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

Dots is starting to get some brown like rainbow on her chest...you can tell on the last photo

Monkey (possible tetra tint)
IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

I'm gonna take a stab at it.

1st Looks like a leghorn cross of some kind.
2nd looks to be a California White.
3rd could be a Tetra White (no experience with this)

Where did you get you chickens? Private breeder or Hatchery?

I got all the chickens from tractor supply.....oh and I forgot to add they are all 9 wks and 2 days old....that is me going off of when I purchased them. When I first got them, we were told they were all longhorns and from a straight run. I bought from 2 different barrels. The first 3 ended up being all cornish crosses and we have now ate 2 roosters and the hen is still in the chicken coop. The other three seem to be a mix and all pullets, they all came from the same barrel. I am not sure if that helps or not. "Rainbow" has greenish legs if that means anything to anyone as well, the others seem to all have orange legs. Thanks for all the help, I really do appreciate it.

Probably from an all pullet bin, mixture of different breeds of pullets, and they can have roosters mixed in, because people are alwaysd handling chicks and stick them back in the wrong bins. Also, hatcheries have benn known to sex them wrong.

By the way I meant to say a while ago those are pretty chickens. They copuld al be the Tetras I've read that they can have green legs.

The legs on #1 make me think Easter Egger, but the build and comb make me think Leghorn cross. Easter Eggers have Pea Combs.
#2 is a Tetra Tint - I have 2 with spots (my Patches has the weird buffy and soot coloring on the head and the other is Streak. She has a single black wing feather and a couple of small black spots). (Leghorn crossed Hybrid)
#3 is a Tetra Tint - I have 2 without spots. (Leghorn crossed Hybrid)

Rainbow looks like a Tetra Tint to me--some people are getting Tetras that have brown lacing on their necks and chests, much like yours.

Back
Top Bottom