What breed are we? Buff color

You wanna talk huge:
_MG_7801.jpg
:gig This is my hen Olive. Probably close to a year old now. She has always been a little 'beefy'
IMG_0367.jpg
Here she is at 4 months old next to a silkie for size comparison.

Wow, she's pretty!  My two new ones are about a month younger than my other chicks, so they look small to me.  They aren't that much bigger than my OEGB cockeral...here's one of them sitting on the roost with him last night.

Is that a pure OEGB? The ones I saw at show were the size of my 3 week old chicks. :/

The Old English Game Bantam is the bantam version of this breed, it is one of the smallest chicken breeds, weighing about 22 oz (650 grams) when they are fully grown.

Last edited:
Is that a pure OEGB? The ones I saw at show were the size of my 3 week old chicks.
hmm.png

Quote:
No, he's a OEGB/Silkie mix. He doesn't have feathers on his legs or the extra toes like a silkie, but his sisters do...here's a picture of all my chickens together (before I got the BOs). It shows their sizes in relationship to each other.

No, he's a OEGB/Silkie mix. He doesn't have feathers on his legs or the extra toes like a silkie, but his sisters do...here's a picture of all my chickens together (before I got the BOs). It shows their sizes in relationship to each other.
Is he silkie sized? My barred rocks are 8 weeks old and are almost the same size as my silkies.
_MG_9262-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom