What breed did my rooster belong to?

http://www.fao.org/dad-is/browse-by-country-and-species/en/ I'm going to bet he's an indigenous breed. I went through all the ones listed on this website, but struggled a bit to find any more info other than description. Maybe you can find more than I can! Here is a website that shows native breeds by country that I used for research. If he's not one of these, the closest breed he comes to is a White Rock (they seem to have larger combs in Asian countries from what I can see online!)

Great link and good research
This really provides me helpful information on the lists of breeds in almost all the countries

However, I'm sure that he's not a native breed in this country

Here is a picture of a Leghorn. Leghorns have straight combs and yellow earlobes.
1BBD0C3C-F454-445E-8D15-0B717C4D1075.jpeg

I hope the information on where I got my rooster won't make you confused.

I can make sure that he's not indigenous to this country because all the native breeds in the country are colorful, and they are not white. This means that white chicken breeds are likely to originate in other countries.

And one characteristic of my rooster which I forgot to mention is that his skin was completely red

After receiving your knowledgeable comments, I believe that I'm getting closer to a right answer. Currently the 2 most significant possibilities are Leghorn mixed with other breeds and White Rock

Great link and good research
This really provides me helpful information on the lists of breeds in almost all the countries

However, I'm sure that he's not a native breed in this country
Oh okay! I'm sure you know much more about that than me :) I would think White Rock or another broiler/meat bird strain would be closest! He is beautiful

Back
Top Bottom