What breed do I have? new pics!

farmchick897

Songster
Jun 20, 2010
Kentucky
This was a rainbow assortment from Meyer hatchery. Any ideas? I know the Barred Rocks, what are the brown/black?

61077_005.jpg

61077_006.jpg

61077_007.jpg

Thanks!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The "rainbow" assortment would be the eggs,not the chickens.

Looks like you got bared rocks,white leghorns,ee's (brown/black),there is a partridge rock in there,and an american grey gamehen.

Eggs you will get: white,offwhite,pink,brown,green or blue. Rainbow assortment.

fyi, the american grey gamehen is the one that is smaller than the rest with light brown and white feathers on its tummy.I know because I have one of my own.Great layers,mothers.

Looks like you have some leghorn roos cus of those tail feathers protruding far out.

Quote:
The smallest one right of which picture there are 3 pictures?

There is no, "american grey game hen" in the pictures I see.
The breed is American Gamefowl the "variety" is Grey. Hatcheries don't sell American Gamefowl.

Chris

Last edited:
I see white leghorns, barred rocks, gold laced wyandotte, cochins, a campine (I think. The head is cut off on the picture), there might be a bad faverolle.

Better pictures would help.

Chris

An EE is an Easter Egger, a cross breed chicken that can lay a blue or green tinted egg. They usually have beards and muffs and green legs, but because they are crosses sometimes they don't. Hatcheries call them Americanas. I don't see any EEs in the pictures. In the first photo there is a hen with gold neck and black and brown barred body that looks like a Buttercup hen. The one in the middle on the bottom pic is a Faverolle hen. I do see one that looks like a rooster. Can you get some closer photos?

Quote:
that tan one in the middle of the last picture looks like a faverolle,there are probably some EEs in there also.

x3 except I don't see any cochins.

Back
Top Bottom