What Breed Do I have

petertor

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
Rudolfo came from the North East Los Angeles animal shelter. He came there via a "raid" by the Los Angeles Sheriff's department who busted a fighting and gambling ring. He had some neck sores but little else in the way of damage. He had to be held for about 20 days as "evidence" and then released to me. The folks at the shelter told me that I would have my hands full, because of an aggressive temperament, in fact they warned me that his offspring would have aggressive temperament.s

Well Rudy is the complete gentlemen, and a bit intimidated by our Black Jersey giants, one of which weighs in at 6-1/2 lbs. He has taken a liking to the smallest of the five JG, Ava.

Rudy is a veritable rainbow of colors. Can anyone help with identifying his breed?

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium member
10 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
He is an American gamefowl, and in my experience gamecocks are the LEAST human aggressive roosters that I have ever had. Human aggressiveness, for obvious reasons, has been stringently selected against in these birds. Aggression towards other roosters is another story. He is a beauty!

Wishapup

Songster
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Canada
He is an American gamefowl, and in my experience gamecocks are the LEAST human aggressive roosters that I have ever had. Human aggressiveness, for obvious reasons, has been stringently selected against in these birds. Aggression towards other roosters is another story. He is a beauty!
I agree - he is some sort of game.

Top Bottom