1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHAT BREED DO I HAVE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gabenat3, Sep 8, 2014.

1. gabenat3

gabenat3 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2014
    This is my 21 week old __???__. I bought her as a welsummer chick but it became apparent that she was not a welsummer but maybe bred partially with one? Americauna? When I google I find easter egger pictures come up but I have no idea what she is. I sent the photos to the breeder so I hope they'll let me know soon what they gave me! She has a red rose comb and tiny wattles. THoughts are appreciated. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

She is an Easter Egger, a very pretty girl too. ;)

3. I agree.

4. gabenat3

Jun 12, 2014
    I knew it! I do think she is lovely myself. Although I had hoped for a welsummer chick I was somewhat disappointed I didn't get a 2nd easter egger at the time I bought all my chicks. Welp, now I have a second! lol Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

She's an Easter egger, and it's actually a pea comb. The pea comb is closely linked genetically to the blue egg gene, so it bodes well for colored eggs in your future!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X4 on Easter Egger hen. EEs are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Good luck in getting those colored eggs.

7. gabenat3

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks for replying. I appreciate when people take the time to share their Chicken advice. ; ) My daughters are pretty excited. We started off with 12 chicks, 1 died just a week old and 2 ended up roosters. Although I was hoping for a Welsummer at the beginning my daughters were excited when I told them that "Wella" was indeed an EE and going to lay colorful eggs. We barely have 2 laying hens and are just waiting until they all start laying! We will be beyond excited to have a colored egg. Thanks for your posts.

8. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    x2! :)

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Easter Egger pullet. She's very pretty!

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013