WHAT BREED DO I HAVE?

gabenat3

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 12, 2014
This is my 21 week old __???__. I bought her as a welsummer chick but it became apparent that she was not a welsummer but maybe bred partially with one? Americauna? When I google I find easter egger pictures come up but I have no idea what she is. I sent the photos to the breeder so I hope they'll let me know soon what they gave me! She has a red rose comb and tiny wattles. THoughts are appreciated.

She is an Easter Egger, a very pretty girl too.
wink.png

I agree.

I knew it! I do think she is lovely myself. Although I had hoped for a welsummer chick I was somewhat disappointed I didn't get a 2nd easter egger at the time I bought all my chicks. Welp, now I have a second! lol Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

welcome-byc.gif

She's an Easter egger, and it's actually a pea comb. The pea comb is closely linked genetically to the blue egg gene, so it bodes well for colored eggs in your future!

X4 on Easter Egger hen. EEs are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Good luck in getting those colored eggs.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate when people take the time to share their Chicken advice. ; ) My daughters are pretty excited. We started off with 12 chicks, 1 died just a week old and 2 ended up roosters. Although I was hoping for a Welsummer at the beginning my daughters were excited when I told them that "Wella" was indeed an EE and going to lay colorful eggs. We barely have 2 laying hens and are just waiting until they all start laying! We will be beyond excited to have a colored egg. Thanks for your posts.

Back
Top Bottom