What breed do these look like?

quails3

Songster
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
IMG_3454.JPG
IMG_3496.JPG
I know it'll just be guesses but I'm curious on what you guys think :) I just got some two month old pullets(I hope**fingers crossed**)
And I wanted to see if anyone can tell what they are? I'm new to owning chickens so I'm not 100% on what they are. They're probably a mixed breed.

Where did you get them? It looks like someone has a feather-legged rooster with a flock of assorted layers and these are the offspring.

Where did you get them? It looks like someone has a feather-legged rooster with a flock of assorted layers and these are the offspring.
I do remember seeing a feathered footed rooster I got them at a local small farm down the road in Here in Oklahoma.

Curious now, what color was that rooster? I'd guess he also contributed the white skin since both have it.

I think it's safe to say they are barnyard mixes. They do look like pullets.

Curious now, what color was that rooster? I'd guess he also contributed the white skin since both have it.

I think it's safe to say they are barnyard mixes. They do look like pullets.
There were a couple roosters with feathered feet but I don't remember a white one.
One looked like a barred Cochin and the other I'm not sure of but it was red

You may have a non-traditional sexlink, then. Red dad + silver mom = chick 2. Chick 1 probably has a dominant white mom (maybe Leghorn) so her paternity is less certain.

Back
Top Bottom