what breed do you own??

haha aww how cutee!!

well we just cleaned the chicken coop--its nice and clean now. hahaha. yayy. the chicken coop is actually a shed, with a cement floor. the rats still get in. so we are going to put down some rat poison. those darn rats.

by the way...everyone has such beautiful chickens!! they are gorgeous. i want a silkie really bad but i doubt that will happen
hit.gif

We own 12 RIR's and have 20 Red Sex Link's on the way!
big_smile.png
So much for only wanting 4 chicks to begin with! The story goes like this... I was in Tractor Supply with my husband the week before Easter and they had just got in some chicks. My husband, who never grew up with anything but one dog, was in awe. So, I started working on him the next couple of days and we decided that the Easter Bunny could bring 4 chicks for the older boys. Then I started thinking that I needed to get 8 to ensure that we got some pullets in there because they were straight run. Well, the day arrived to get the chicks and I came home with 12!
big_smile.png
I didn't tell my husband, who agreed that we would go ahead and get 8. About a week after we got the chicks, he started to count them. He said, "What! I thought we were only getting 8!" I explained that I couldn't help it! Anyways, we are now waiting for 20 Red Sex Links to come in the mail about mid-May. I'm so excited!
clap.gif
I LOVE my RIR's!
love.gif
They are so sweet and have been so much fun! Here's a pic. that I took yesterday of a few of them. They are 17 days old today!

DSC01812.jpg

I have 7 breeds they are in m sig line
big_smile.png
I love the mixed flock I need less white in the flock and more other colors that are more camo.

Henry

1 Brown Leghorn ( Rooster )
1 Dominicker
1 Buff oprington
1 Silver laced wyndotte
1 Americana
3 Rhode Island reds

Might be getting a incubator for christmas
clap.gif

I have a few Polish 1 roo and 3 hens. I also have 3 polish chicks! :)
Gabby is my Standard hen and she is a gentle giant.
303068642.jpg

Sugar has the sweetest temperment. Just a Sweet heart!! <3
303068874.jpg

Foghorn is kind of the Dumbest, not to bright but he is my little boy :).
303068638.jpg

Mischief of Coarse is into everything!!
303066551.jpg

I have a few Gray Silkies. 4 of them. From the left to the right. Girly, Bananas, Lilu & Carlos
311592663.jpg

I am not really into the Quality with my Polish, more as sweet pets.

But I'm striving for better Gray silkies. I am on my 4th generation with this color!!

Hi! I am new to the group, and thought I would introduce myself here! I am in southern Alabama, and I have Barred Rocks, Ameraucanas, Golden Cuckoo Marans and a bachelor Buttercup roo. I am hoping to get some Copper Black Marans eggs soon to put under my best broody girls!

Mad:D

The Adults
Ruby, RIR
Reba, RIR
Rosemary, RIR
Lorelei, SLW
Violet, SLW
Lexie, Barred Rock
Ivy, Barred Rock
Ginger, Buff Orp
Sunny, Buff Orp
& Hawkeye, BR, head flock rooster

The Younger Layers
Kate Cochin/Silkie x BR
Tux " "
Olivia " "
Meg (Nutmeg) RIR/Buff Orp
Miranda Lt. Brahma
Caroline Buff Brahma
Becca BR
Amanda BR
Charlotte Blue Ameraucana
Nelda Speckled Sussex

Blue Orpington Breeders
Velvet
Skye
Suede, rooster

Youngsters, 14 Wks Old
Delilah, Black Orp
Gypsy, Black Ameraucana
Glenda, Blue Orp/Buff Brahma cross
Maddie, BR
Hannah, BR
Holly, BR
Bess, BR
Zane, Barred Rock cockerel

Soon to be adding Welsummers, more Buff Orpingtons, more RIRs and more blue & black Ameraucanas and possibly Blue Marans and other colors of Ameraucana

Back
Top Bottom