What breed/gender are these chickens? (pictures included)

katienewcomb

Chirping
7 Years
May 1, 2012
I posted photos of these guys/gals about 4 weeks ago. They're quite a bit older so I wanted to see if what you guys thought. Any breed ideas, or are they "mutts"? Also, cockerels or pullets? Before the consensus was that Violet was a rooster but I'm still holding out a little hope she's a gal :) THANK YOU!

Quinn:

Violet:

Maude:

Slash (I know he's a roo, already started crowing at 8 weeks!):

Thank you!

Thanks everyone! I guess back to the urban farm store Violet and Slash go... i don't think our neighbors want to hear two roosters every day :( Now here's a question... with the two gals do OK just the two of them or should I try to get them some friends? Will it go OK to introduce them to two similar-aged chickens?

Thanks everyone! I guess back to the urban farm store Violet and Slash go... i don't think our neighbors want to hear two roosters every day :( Now here's a question... with the two gals do OK just the two of them or should I try to get them some friends? Will it go OK to introduce them to two similar-aged chickens?
Usually 3 is the smallest number to go for, as if one passes, the other has one it has known.

You will see fighting at this age with new chickens, but you can still do it. They will get along after they work out the pecking order :)

Back
Top Bottom