What breed/gender is this chicken?

JAGriffith

Hatching
May 19, 2017
Purchased this chick from MPC, have had conflicting information about breed/gender - so I thought I'd put it out there to see what everyone here thought...

Comb is large and floppy (not as evident in this picture, but s/he wasn't cooperating too well for pics), hackle feathers do not appear to be pointy and over pronounced, no spurs, and at 13 weeks old has not started crowing yet...

These are the breeds I purchased from MPC with this batch:
-Cream Legbar
-Golden Campine
-Lavender Orpington
-Golden Cuckoo Maran
-Double Laced Barnevelder
-Golden Laced Wyandotte
-Silver Cuckoo Maran
-Olive Egger
-Blue Easter Egger
-Blue Favaucana
-Blue Ameracuana

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 20
Could you post more pics at different angles? The bird looks like a cream crested legbar but not with the typical feather pattern
I don't have any other pics of s/he at the moment, but will try and get some more later tonight.

But the general consensus here is that this is def. a cockerel?

The lack of pointed hackle feathers, no spurs, no crowing - all led me to believe it was probably a hen of some sort... maybe a easter egger/olive egger breed that is cross from a legbar and a maran (Explaining the comb)...

I jut wasn't sure...

Purchased this chick from MPC, have had conflicting information about breed/gender - so I thought I'd put it out there to see what everyone here thought...

Comb is large and floppy (not as evident in this picture, but s/he wasn't cooperating too well for pics), hackle feathers do not appear to be pointy and over pronounced, no spurs, and at 13 weeks old has not started crowing yet...

These are the breeds I purchased from MPC with this batch:
-Cream Legbar
-Golden Campine
-Lavender Orpington
-Golden Cuckoo Maran
-Double Laced Barnevelder
-Golden Laced Wyandotte
-Silver Cuckoo Maran
-Olive Egger
-Blue Easter Egger
-Blue Favaucana
-Blue Ameracuana