What breed is better?

M To The Maxx

Baseball+Girls=Life
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Lutz,FL
I am going to be getting a roo for our empty coop after we disenfect it and get the disease out of our coops. Which breed of roo do you think is better. Btw the lady I would get one of these from has both but I can only get one. A BR or a Delaware? The BR is gorgeous!!!! The Delaware loooks nice too. Which do you think is the better breed?

Last edited:
I would encourage you NOT to bring any more chickens home until you figure out why the ones you've got are dying. Even if you disinfect the coop I wouldn't get any until you get a diagnosis on what illness they have.

How old are they now? Where did she get them from?

I could be wrong but you seem to prefer the barred rock roo. Maybe that should be your choice.

-Cindy

Honestly, I agree with Mrs. Katy. I think you should figure out whats going on and get it settled and then get new chickens instead of getting more chickens infected.
Truthfully, I do like the Delewares better but wait til everything is solved =]

Quote:
Katy wrote:

I would encourage you NOT to bring any more chickens home until you figure out why the ones you've got are dying. Even if you disinfect the coop I wouldn't get any until you get a diagnosis on what illness they have.
Very true.​

Last edited:
Quote:
You have birds that are dying? You don't know why? Can you get a necropsy done?

Katy's right, you should find out first what's going on. With some illnesses you'll need the coop to stand empty for some time before introducing new birds.

Someone who knows more about poultry diseases than I will have to answer this, but I know Marek's can be transmitted via dander. So even separation won't make a difference with that. I'm not sure if things such as MG, MS, AI, etc can be transferred by air.

Why don't you ask in Emergencies/Illnesses.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom