What breed is he? And a few other questions

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I just got a new rooster from a friend. He is gonna live in a separate coop with a few other hens away from my other rooster. I am mostly wondering about his breed. it is very confusing to me. He was supposed to be a SLW, but he doesn't have any of the lacing, only the lacing on his saddle and hackle features, like a Sussex. He has a Rose comb, I think, and doesn't have the Sussex build. I am stumped. What do you guys think?
IMG_6629.jpg

I also want to let him out with the ladies tomorrow. Assuming it will be fine, he is only 7 months, and the other girls are 2. I want to see who it goes. I am also wondering what to look for incase of any disease. I don't think he should have any thing, the setup with his old home was really good, and he is really young and looks heathy. Just don't want to take any chances! Thanks for any info! I appreciate it!

He looks like a dominique mix to me. However I am not familiar with a lot of breeds so I am probably wrong. Do you know what kind of chickens your friend has?

Back
Top Bottom