What breed is he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cleo04, Apr 5, 2009.

1. cleo04

cleo04 New Egg

Nov 30, 2008
    Yorkshire, England
    These are some pictures of my 4 month old cockerel. I bought some fertilised white silkie eggs and this boy appeared from one of them, the rest of the hatch were all white silkies. He is a very large cockerel, he has black skin and fluffy feet like a silkie but he only has 4 toes. I know that his mum was definitely a silkie but the breed of his dad is unknown. I asked the woman we bought the eggs from and she didnt know. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas what he could have been? Thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Those spangles look like he might have gold brabanter in him, but the comb is incorrect. If you look on my byc website you'll see a picture of my brabanter roo. See the spangled breast and the crest on top? I wonder if he has some Mille Fleur d'uccle in him too? I think that is my final answer. Gold Brabanter and Mille Fleur D'uccle.

Interesting looking fella.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh! Whatever he is, he's some heck of a mix! Beautiful!

4. cleo04

cleo04 New Egg

Nov 30, 2008
    Yorkshire, England
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Whatever he is he's a funny looking chicken. We weren't intending to keep him but hes so lovely we just had to. Thanks again [​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I don't think he's funny looking at all! What a gorgeous rooster!

[​IMG]

6. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    He almost looks like a rare breed I saw on www.feathersite.com Check that site out. You might find his breed. Otherwise, he looks like a unique cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by