What breed? Is it a rooster?

Can you get a good head shot of the Silkie showing comb etc? Agree that is a suspicious amount of wattle for a six month old silkie pullet.

He may be half the size, but that never stops a determined roo/cockerel, lol!! I have a Silkie roo who spends his days chasing Sulmtaler, Ameraucana and Jersey Giant hens!! Talk about ambitious! :D
Your Silkie does look to have the 'streamers' off the pom on his head, too... girls usually have rounder poms that are same length and boys have ones here and there that are longer...
I've also never witnessed the silkie trying to mount any of the girls :D

I don't think it would be the silkie because I had a silkie rooster already it was her brother but I got rid of him.
Just a thought...How long ago did you get rid of the Silkie roo you had before? They can remain fertile for some time after they aren't being fertilized any longer,,,just a thought (Although the Silkie in the pic does look rooish with the streamers and size of comb and wattles)

Just a thought...How long ago did you get rid of the Silkie roo you had before? They can remain fertile for some time after they aren't being fertilized any longer,,,just a thought (Although the Silkie in the pic does look rooish with the streamers and size of comb and wattles)
I think I got rid of him in about .... December or late November

Congrats! Don't you love those colored eggs!!!

If that buff Silkie is six months old would bet it is a cockerel. sure looks like streamers and that amount of comb/wattle

Back
Top Bottom