What breed is my big boy?

Quote:
yeah my girl is maybe 2 lb, a little ameraucana she loves attention, she's just a little nutty though, our dogs and every one get along great together but when they are out she just zooms around with her head down and runs up to one then sorta says hi and continues on her way, does the same thing with the rest of us.

yeah my girl is maybe 2 lb, a little ameraucana she loves attention, she's just a little nutty though, our dogs and every one get along great together but when they are out she just zooms around with her head down and runs up to one then sorta says hi and continues on her way, does the same thing with the rest of us.

That is too cute! You might have to post a video of that sometime!

As mine isn't a mixed breed he is an Easter egger so if this helps you could compare colors his name is Fred
Easter Eggers are mixed breeds. They are produced by crossing blue egg layers with brown egg layers to produce offspring that lay eggs in some color other than just blue (usually some shade of green).

Yes that is what his daughters lay they are really pretty eggs and I have a quick question I hatch eggs 5-6 months ago and his daughters have been laying now for a couple of weeks and I bred the baby's with my Rhode Island Red with Fred there I posted a pic of the Easter egger rooster and how come his daughters are bantams probably about the size of a serama and weigh probably about 3-4 pounds

Yes that is what his daughters lay they are really pretty eggs and I have a quick question I hatch eggs 5-6 months ago and his daughters have been laying now for a couple of weeks and I bred the baby's with my Rhode Island Red with Fred there I posted a pic of the Easter egger rooster and how come his daughters are bantams probably about the size of a serama and weigh probably about 3-4 pounds

I wish I could answer your question for you but I don't really know the answer. Hybridization can have some strange quirks. For example the Sex Links which are hybirds outlay either parent breed and the Cornish cross which are hybrids grow much faster and get much larger than either parent breed. Strange, huh? :eek:)

Last edited:
Yes and one of them that sadly passed away she had big poofy feathers on her head like one of those polish chickens does anyone no why she had feathers like that on her head she was the only one and she passed at 4 months old and sadly none of them ever got to see there mom

Back
Top Bottom