What breed is my Blanche Hen?

Chickenlinda76

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what breed is this hen but I haven't found if she's pure breed or mixed.

Can you please help me?

Thank you so much.

She's a barnyard mix. I've never seen such a round hen! I don't think she's part Brahma unless it's a few generations back because there aren't any leg feathers. Lots of possibilities to give that coloring.

She's a barnyard mix. I've never seen such a round hen! I don't think she's part Brahma unless it's a few generations back because there aren't any leg feathers. Lots of possibilities to give that coloring.
Oops, I agree with you I thought I seen feathers in the last photo....my mistake. It has columbian parantage somewhere in there. It also has an in between comb. Not quite pea but not quite single.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the answers, now I'm confused because she doesn't have feathers on her feet. But someone told me that she could be mixed with Silver Pencilled Wyandottes.

Newcutes, she's not always that Blanche, lol. I will post a picture of her where she's black.
big_smile.png

Here we can see her feet better.

yeah gonna be a hard one to guess! Brahma is a good guess as there are few large heavy breeds with pea comb. She also has yellow legs which is a recessive trait, so brahma is still a good one for that.. along with having silver(makes her black and white).

I want to say wyandotte and brahma mix- I could see tat mix giving that nice round shape, perhaps a second generation or so and she inherited the pea but ditched rose. Which is possible if she's second generation or later. and this would work well with her having yellow legs...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom