What breed is my chicken

Does that actually work🤣
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
I've tried putting food coloring in hen's vents, and the results were inconsistent. Sometimes I would get marked eggs for several days, other times I would not get any marked eggs even when I knew every bird had laid an egg that day.

Or put food coloring on her vent. It will dye the egg. Just don’t use red 🤣🤣🤣
Why not red? Are you worried about other chickens pecking it? I didn't have any pecking issues when I tried it with red, although it might be different in some flocks or with some colors of chickens (red on the feathers would be more obvious on a white hen than on a red or black hen.)

I've tried putting food coloring in hen's vents, and the results were inconsistent. Sometimes I would get marked eggs for several days, other times I would not get any marked eggs even when I knew every bird had laid an egg that day.

Why not red? Are you worried about other chickens pecking it? I didn't have any pecking issues when I tried it with red, although it might be different in some flocks or with some colors of chickens (red on the feathers would be more obvious on a white hen than on a red or black hen.)
Because if you forget you could panic and think it’s blood 🤣🤣🤣 that’s the only reason lol red is fine if you know you put it on there.

Well all of mine are laying or are going to lay brown eggs it will be hard for me to be able to consistantly know if everyone lays.

Back
Top Bottom