1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Breed is my Duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keitorin, May 27, 2017.

1. keitorin

keitorin Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2016
    Alabama
    IMG_2031.JPG I got my duck april 7th and this is what they look like. I'm still unsure about the breed, i thought it was a khaki campbell but it has the stripes on the wings, and i still don't know the sex, please help me! thanks!

GeeGi likes this.
  2. GeeGi

GeeGi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    I have one similar but instead of black on wing it's a bluegreen color and chest is lighter...I think someone said Rouen but yours has a bit of color difference but same markings on face minus green tint on bill which I just found out means it's a male. Very pretty! Is it small? Mine are a lot smaller than the other ducks and 2 are supposed to be Pekin.

3. GeeGi

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    Forgot to ask about the beauty which is black and white, what breed? Love the color!

4. GeeGi

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    And I just blew up pic and markings on face look different than mine...I'm on my phone. Love the chocolate coloring, hopefully somebody knows because now I want one lol

5. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    That would be a swedish ;)

GeeGi likes this.
  6. Bills vs Beaks

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    Those wing stripes look consistent with a khaki drake to me...the only thing throwing me off is the size. Swedish are supposed to be bigger....Maybe its just because he is in the foreground?

7. GeeGi

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    I'm just getting in deeper since I joined BYC and get to see all the beauties! I guess I'm going to need more ducks....and probably a pond close to the house, they already fight over 3 pools and the geese think all water belongs to them.

keitorin likes this.
  8. Bills vs Beaks

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    I looked at my old khaki pictures, and Im gonna go with khaki drake ;)

keitorin likes this.
  9. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    He looks like a Khaki Campbell drake to me. I'm not super familiar with them, so I could be wrong though.

Bills vs Beaks likes this.
  10. keitorin

keitorin Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2016
    Alabama
    My duck is about average. smaller than a peking but larger than a mallard. i was thinking maybe a rouen but i don't know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by