What Breed is my Duck?

keitorin

Songster
Oct 8, 2016
Alabama
IMG_2031.JPG
I got my duck april 7th and this is what they look like. I'm still unsure about the breed, i thought it was a khaki campbell but it has the stripes on the wings, and i still don't know the sex, please help me! thanks!

View attachment 1019861 I got my duck april 7th and this is what they look like. I'm still unsure about the breed, i thought it was a khaki campbell but it has the stripes on the wings, and i still don't know the sex, please help me! thanks!
I have one similar but instead of black on wing it's a bluegreen color and chest is lighter...I think someone said Rouen but yours has a bit of color difference but same markings on face minus green tint on bill which I just found out means it's a male. Very pretty! Is it small? Mine are a lot smaller than the other ducks and 2 are supposed to be Pekin.

And I just blew up pic and markings on face look different than mine...I'm on my phone. Love the chocolate coloring, hopefully somebody knows because now I want one lol

Those wing stripes look consistent with a khaki drake to me...the only thing throwing me off is the size. Swedish are supposed to be bigger....Maybe its just because he is in the foreground?

I'm just getting in deeper since I joined BYC and get to see all the beauties! I guess I'm going to need more ducks....and probably a pond close to the house, they already fight over 3 pools and the geese think all water belongs to them.

I have one similar but instead of black on wing it's a bluegreen color and chest is lighter...I think someone said Rouen but yours has a bit of color difference but same markings on face minus green tint on bill which I just found out means it's a male. Very pretty! Is it small? Mine are a lot smaller than the other ducks and 2 are supposed to be Pekin.
My duck is about average. smaller than a peking but larger than a mallard. i was thinking maybe a rouen but i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom