What Breed is my Duck?

I'm just getting in deeper since I joined BYC and get to see all the beauties! I guess I'm going to need more ducks....and probably a pond close to the house, they already fight over 3 pools and the geese think all water belongs to them.

Aww! we don't have a pond we have a large baby pool for them, they are so sweet, ducks are very entertaining.

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

I actually have two buff orphington ducks, we think the one drinking is a female and the one preening is a male, he has an orange bill and he's darker, and she has a beige bill that's kind of pink, she's larger than him though. they haven't started mating yet. they have been laying down and preening each other, and they have also layning there necks on top of each other.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could help me? I rescued this little one from my next door neighbours garden. It was crying it's little heart out, running around lost. I immediately presumed it must be a mallard duckling because they're the only ducks we have up here, but now it is growing I'm really not too sure...
It is starting to get a white chest, and white lines running down along its eyes, where a mallard would usually have brown. Any ideas??
I am planning on returning it to the wild when it is bigger and can defend itself, but right now it needs all the help it can get.
Ive attached a photo from when I found it three weeks ago (in red bucket), and one from just a few moments ago.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could help me? I rescued this little one from my next door neighbours garden. It was crying it's little heart out, running around lost. I immediately presumed it must be a mallard duckling because they're the only ducks we have up here, but now it is growing I'm really not too sure...
It is starting to get a white chest, and white lines running down along its eyes, where a mallard would usually have brown. Any ideas??
I am planning on returning it to the wild when it is bigger and can defend itself, but right now it needs all the help it can get.
Ive attached a photo from when I found it three weeks ago (in red bucket), and one from just a few moments ago.
Thank you in advance!
do not tame it, if you do it won't be able to care for itself, it looks quite dark for a mallard, mallards usually have yellow all over the breast and dark stripes along the eyes.

Do mallards sometimes through black sports like that? Maybe that's why it was abandoned because it looked different? (The ugly duckling?) Definitely a khaki and blue swede, but I would wait to determine gender. Boys will make a raspy noise and the females will QUACK there little hearts out.

Back
Top Bottom