What breed is my duck?

ADuckNamePeep

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2019
484D432B-6731-4855-ABFF-2E69E6983787.png
E80D0801-F23A-4868-8B58-14D6B48EF414.png
8C032CC9-7C31-4175-9768-C08EFEA2A67E.jpeg
So a little back story, Peep is a rescue that I found at 1am in the middle of the street, with no family in sight. I almost didn’t believe that I saw him there until my ex piped up and asked if that was a baby duck we just saw. Of course, it was. So we turn around and I get out to go investigate this bizarre scene (this is in a ghetto-ish area with no bodies of water so it was weird.) only to find the poor guy being prowled by 3 cats. I also have cats so I know they can be cruel, so I had to save him. I’ve had him 4 months and 1 day, he lives with me in my apartment (I realize you might think terrible of me for having him inside with me, but we go to the park and to my families homes and play in their yards everyday, I always have him with me or someone trustworthy to keep him company and he gets a well balanced diet and has plenty of toys.) anyway, peeps my happy lil buddy and I love having him around but I have no idea what breed he/she is. There’s been much speculation but hopefully we’ll get a definitive answer. And if we can tell Peeps gender too that'd be great!

View attachment 1961430 View attachment 1961429 View attachment 1961428 So a little back story, Peep is a rescue that I found at 1am in the middle of the street, with no family in sight. I almost didn’t believe that I saw him there until my ex piped up and asked if that was a baby duck we just saw. Of course, it was. So we turn around and I get out to go investigate this bizarre scene (this is in a ghetto-ish area with no bodies of water so it was weird.) only to find the poor guy being prowled by 3 cats. I also have cats so I know they can be cruel, so I had to save him. I’ve had him 4 months and 1 day, he lives with me in my apartment (I realize you might think terrible of me for having him inside with me, but we go to the park and to my families homes and play in their yards everyday, I always have him with me or someone trustworthy to keep him company and he gets a well balanced diet and has plenty of toys.) anyway, peeps my happy lil buddy and I love having him around but I have no idea what breed he/she is. There’s been much speculation but hopefully we’ll get a definitive answer. And if we can tell Peeps gender too that'd be great!
I have a peep too! She looks just like your peep!! I think that your peep maybe a magpie and blue swede mix possibly.

Attachments

• 20191027_165929.jpg
    20191027_165929.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 1574083124469-391575042.jpg
    1574083124469-391575042.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 10
I don't know how to feel just now. Love the little one it's name shall be Wondering Where Frome. For breed determination you must wait. All ducks look mostly the same when under 4 weeks. First day on the board I see Welcome.
Yeah I noticed that a lot of them tend to have similar features as ducklings. But peep is 4 months and a day at least by now, the big duck in the pool and in the house is peep now. I wanted you guys to see him as a baby as well as an adult for best determination.
I have a peep too! She looks just like your peep!! I think that your peep maybe a magpie and blue swede mix possibly.
Your peep is so cute, what’s her name? And as i look more I’m starting to really agree with mix between the blue Swede and magpie. Now the trick is to determine what gender my peep is, in really hoping it’s a girl.

Yeah I noticed that a lot of them tend to have similar features as ducklings. But peep is 4 months and a day at least by now, the big duck in the pool and in the house is peep now. I wanted you guys to see him as a baby as well as an adult for best determination.

Your peep is so cute, what’s her name? And as i look more I’m starting to really agree with mix between the blue Swede and magpie. Now the trick is to determine what gender my peep is, in really hoping it’s a girl.
Her name is Peep lol. She is 5 weeks. Her mom is Blue Swede and dad is magpie.

A duck (girl) will "QUACK-QUACK" loudly, while a drake will do a squeaky softer "waaack-waaack". It's obvious once you hear the difference. So if Peep is QUACKING you can be 100% confident that is a girl. My boys are sooooo much quieter, while my girls are LOUD MOUTHS!!!
Thank you for the info! I feel like peeps a girl then cause they're sooo talkative and pretty loud. It sounds like quacks to me, buuut the waaack is also kind of fitting. It’s like a mix. Guess we’ll find out within the next few months if peeps officially a girl or boy, cause I’ll either have a egg or I won’t!

Back
Top Bottom