What breed is my hen?

Herittavityuk

Chirping
Aug 17, 2018
So I recently got a chicken from a friend who found this girl roaming in her yard and since she couldn’t keep her I took her in.
upload_2018-8-17_20-16-21.jpeg
upload_2018-8-17_20-16-46.jpeg
She’s a very small hen, probably under 5 pounds and she has feathered feet. I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find out what breed she is? Can anyone help me out?
upload_2018-8-17_20-16-46.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-17_20-16-21.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 2
thanks for your answer! And yes we are actually planning on getting chicks next week, the only thing I’m worried about is if the chicks grow to be bigger then this hen would that cause problems or aggression between them?

thanks for your answer! And yes we are actually planning on getting chicks next week, the only thing I’m worried about is if the chicks grow to be bigger then this hen would that cause problems or aggression between them?
Not necessarily. If they are introduced as youngsters then things should be fine, so long as the hen isn't too aggressive towards them. Introducing larger, full grown birds could be a problem.

She is beautiful. :love I don't think she has any Silkie in her at all, though...Many other breeds have feathered legs and crests, and hers isn't a thing like the Silkies'. Plus, I've personally noticed that Silkie crosses tend to have dark combs, and your hen's is definitely a bright red single comb. :) She could possibly be an Olive Egger? They are often bred with Cream Legbars--which have crests similar to hers--and Black Copper Marans, which usually have (lightly) feathered legs. Swedish Flower Hen would've been my other guess, but they don't have feathered legs, so I'm ruling that out.
So maybe she is just a crossbreed. I'll take a shot at my guesses what she might be mixed with...just for fun. :D Dark Brahma, Cream Legbar, and Easter Egger Bantam. :p

Back
Top Bottom