What Breed is my Henpecked Chick?

Some of my chick's siblings, hatched at the same time, appear to be White Leghorns, but a couple of them have a few black feathers/spots amidst their white featherage, if that clue is any help? And one sibling has grayish spots. It is thought the White Leghorn rooster was the father of all. A couple have bright yellow legs, and the others' legs are not really yellow looking at all, more white-ish or pinkish-yellow? I should post photos of them all so we can solve this mystery!

Quote:
Absolutely, we'd all love to see pictures of them. It's why I hang out on the forums, I am a chicken addict
tongue.png

I would say that the variation you are getting in all of the chicks is indicative that the father is not-so pure. Some hatcheries are better than others about controlling their lines. I know the one near me produces EEs that are almost identical to purebred Ameraucanas (so rare to find!), and all of their breeds are pretty good quality. But some hatcheries are more after volume, and pump out some poor quality birds that don't throw good offspring.

Back
Top Bottom