What breed is my puppy...Newfoundland?

danischi24

Loves naked pets
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Australia
I rescued her & was looking at dog breed photos tonight. I think she might be a Newfoundland or slight cross. She's huge...bigger than our 8 month old medium dog & she's about 3 months old. She also has the oddest fur with lots of little kinks in it especially when she's wet. Also, how big do you think she will get especially height wise. This is her:

Ayla007.jpg

Ayla005.jpg

And for size comparison:
Ayla030.jpg

I think she's a Newfie cross... maybe with some sort of Spaniel? At least that's what the speckled nose and ears are telling me...

And you should probably expect a pretty big dog when she's all done growing!~ Congrats though, she's very cute!

Might be a Newfoundland. My aunt got one a while back. They grow fast!! She will be about a little higher than your waist. They grow to be about 150-165 lbs. My aunts is about 145 and she is only a little over a year old.

My aunts was a pure bred and she looked pretty much exactly like that. White paws and a star on her head. She has grown soooo fast it is hard to even walk without her pushing you down.

She is cute! Def not a pure newfie, but I would say a black lab Great Pyrenees X or a Newfie spaniel X? Heiz 57 for sure! Enjoy her

Hi..she looks like a Newfie/border cross?..or maybe a spaniel/newfie cross...either way..she IS cute!!..congrats!

I had a brown and white St. Bernard mix that I got from the shelter that had a speckled nose like that. I thought I had adopted a cute little terrier mix and ended up with a very large dog that liked to sleep on my lap! Thankfully he didn't slobber!
Have fun with your very cute "little" puppy!
smile.png

Elizabeth

She could be a good amount of Newf. Their are landseer Newfs that are black and white, spots, etc.

I have a 1 year old Bronze Male Newf who weighs 150 pounds and is 30" at the shoulder.
They tend to get their height the first year, depth of chest and some substance the second year, and fill out the third year. Have fun with her, my boy is currently driving me crazy! He's such a goof ball!

Back
Top Bottom