What breed is my roo??

nicodemuschickenfan

Songster
11 Years
Nov 9, 2008
Enid, OK!
So I have had him for a year and still no one has been able to tell me what breed he is. I hope you more experienced guys will be able to tell me. I bought him as a buff orp, but I doubt very much that he is.. Is he just a mutt? I know the pic isn't all that great. He wont let me close with the camera anymore. He's been acting cranky as of late. If you need a close up of a certain area let me know and I can get someone to hold him still for me. He is all white but is barred like a barred rock with a very light cream color. He has a couple brown feathers here and there and a couple black feathers. Yellow legs and beak. Red comb and white pinkish skin color. Here's the pic:

18258_imga0943.jpg

Hey, I think you're right!
big_smile.png
I just looked up their pics. Looks a lot like him. Never heard of that breed before. Does that mean that the hens I got with him are also sex links? I bought them as buff orps also but was told they were cinn queens. So I really have no idea anymore. lol
roll.png

Edited to add: The hen on the right side of the pic is a rir. The hen on the left of the roo is one of the ones that came with him. Looks a little like some of the pics I'm looking at right now.. So; cinn queen or red sex-link as well? I guess if they came with him then most likely red sex-link? Can the red sex-link hens on occasion look like new hampshire reds? Because just one of the hens that came with him looks like one and I was told it was a new hampshire red.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom