What breed is my Roo

EggShells2013

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
North Carolina
[/IMG]

I rescued him today from a lady who had some Booted Bantam and also had Silkies all in one coop. She said he's mom and dad were the two breeds......and she called a Silkie bantam. He is very sweet and he's comb is short and his wattle are white.
What breed is he?

Most the babies would be hard feathered like him. But you could breed a son back and keep back breeding to get the silkie feathers back. Or just do it the easy way and get a good type silkie rooster.

How nice...thanks. But he flew away and he is very hard to catch, he remains under the pine trees and if he sees anyone he hides, then he comes by our front porch to sleep. I'm going to try to catch him tonight asleep.

How nice...thanks. But he flew away and he is very hard to catch, he remains under the pine trees and if he sees anyone he hides, then he comes by our front porch to sleep. I'm going to try to catch him tonight asleep.
Make sure all lights are off, and use a fishing net if you have one. This will increase your chances of getting him. I had one silkie rooster that would run in the dark, couldn't sneak up on him to save his life. I ended up feeding him in one spot and called chick chick when I did. After he was use to eating in that spot when I called chick chick, I started putting the food in a wire dog kennel in that spot. Once he was going in the kennel to eat without running out after one peck, I tied a string to the door and pulled it through the back of the kennel (leaving the kennel door open). I than fed him and called chick chick, when he came into the kennel to eat, I pulled the string and held the door shut with it while DH ran over and latched the door shut. Hope this helps if you don't catch him the easy way.

Back
Top Bottom