What breed is my rooster and how big will he get?

grizzlys_girl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Sunshine Coast
Just curious to know what type of rooster I have and how big he will actually get. He is about 12 weeks old now.

DSCF9543.jpg

Columbian is the color. With the pink legs he can't be pure Plymouth Rock. I'll let someone with pink leggers weigh in on whether he's a mix or not.

Like walkswithdogs said its not a rock it might be a Light Brama/ Buff Orpington cross. He has some buff coloring in his hackle and saddle feathers... I would say he going to be a big boy..

Chris

Why does he need to be any beed at all?

Not right for a Light Sussex. Possibly a Light Sussex cross? He appears to be split for gold/silver, hence brassiness in neck & saddle hackles

What about a male Sex-link? RIR and Delawares are used to make them.

Sex linked cross sounds possible to me.

At a guess, I'd say not those particular two breeds because I believe Delawares are barred thus the males would be barred & I'd guess that the silver/gold males of that cross might have a reddish tint due to mahogany from the RIR???
Would they?​

Quote:
Sex linked cross sounds possible to me.

At a guess, I'd say not those particular two breeds because I believe Delawares are barred thus the males would be barred & I'd guess that the silver/gold males of that cross might have a reddish tint due to mahogany from the RIR???
Would they?

I would imagine so. I tried using the chicken calculator and that's about what I got.

Back
Top Bottom