what breed is my rooster?

rocks3flowers

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2015
Dartmouth Massachusetts
Hello I could use some help with figuring out what breed my new rooster is. I was told he was an americana but I can't find any that look like him. I got him to mix with my hens (swedish flower ) so I can get colored eggs. He is about a year old or younger.

He's an Easter Egger - which is not really a breed at all, but rather a mixed breed bird. ETA -they are commonly misrepresented as/confused with true Ameraucana

Last edited:
He looks like an Easter Egger (ameracauna mix). Many hatcheries and feed stores misrepresent and sell these as true ameracaunas. He is still quite the looker and he probably carries the blue egg gene. He should be able to accomplish what you were hoping for....

thank you all! online EE kinda look like anything goes so very hard to tell as the breed has no standard. I'm really pleased he's EE excited to mix him with my Swedish flower hens and receive rainbow eggs. and I believe the mix will be beautiful. no matter his colors underneath because I'll enjoy the eggs and the Swedish flower barring color style will pass on and the blue eggs color should pass on. I'm excited to see what I'll get. could the off spring be called EE which as Iv read isn't a breed just a label? Going to also mix him with a Plymouth rock so we can get olive eggs. thanks again you are all so helpful.

could the off spring be called EE which as Iv read isn't a breed just a label? Going to also mix him with a Plymouth rock so we can get olive eggs. thanks again you are all so helpful.
You're welcome. If the offspring lay colored eggs, then they are EEs as that's the one distinguishing standard of EEs. If the offspring lay brown eggs, then they are just mixed breeds. You will likely get some both ways.

Back
Top Bottom