What breed is Quack

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by littlehenny, Jul 7, 2010.

1. littlehenny

littlehenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Can anyone tell me what breed Quack is?. I know she is a she I have never heard a nosier quack LOL..
    Quack
    [​IMG]

This is Hannah and Grace. Do they look like welsh harlequins?
    [​IMG]

One more question. This is Taylor Hope and Lucky 13. Taylor is the yellow one, Does she look like harlequin. I know her daddy is harlequin. Grace or Hannah could be her mom, I am just curious.
    [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Quack looks to me to be a blue swedish duck. She is very pretty anyway.

Hannah and Grace could WH or cross bred- its a bit hard to tell with them both fuffing up like they are. There are different kinds of WH- some lighter and some darker - These two actually look very much like a few babies I have growing at the moment- they were a cross between a white and a Harlequin Indian Runner.

As far as Taylor Hope goes...She has a pale beak rather than the solid dark colour of a WH - but does look to have a tinge of colouring in places you would expect a harlequin to have colour as a duckling. A few more weeks when she starts to grow some feathers and it will be more obvious.

3. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Quack looks like a blue Swedish to me. Very pretty girl.

4. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Lets see...

1st pic is a Blue Swedish

2nd pic are 2 Welsh Harlequins

3rd pic is 1 Blue Swedish and 1 Welsh Harlequin (mix?)

You have some very beautiful duckies! [​IMG]

5. littlehenny

littlehenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Blue swedish, I never even considered that breed.. Quack was one of my rescues I love her to pieces. Thanks

Hannah and Grace were sold to me as Wh I wanted to breed pure wh with my wh drake Huey.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by