What breed is she? Also a Question abouy

americanchicks

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2012
Buckley, Wa
Hey all!
So I have kept ducks for almost 2 years but only Pekins and Muscovies. I am starting to branch out to other breeds. I have a few questions about my new flat footed friends.......

I got this gal a month ago at an auction. They said the was a welsh harlequin i knew she wasn't, at least not pure. So what do you think she is? Maybe a mix? She is pretty large.
DSC_0034.JPG

These three I got as a bonded trio from a gal who was moving. Was told they where Rouen. You can see one female has a small crest. So did some of the other ducks there. The drake dose not look Rouen to me, at least not from pics of rouen drakes I have seen.
DSC_0039.JPG

These are my WH. I have had them for about 5 months. I was very excited to find them! The drake is Kelso the ducks are Anna, Elsa, and Bluehilda. Kids named the girls. Do they look decent for WH? My kids are interested in the poultry show circuit. They want to raise ducklings they can maybe show. I have all the ducks together now. We are working on pens so the WH will have their own place.
DSC_0038.JPG

Hey all!
So I have kept ducks for almost 2 years but only Pekins and Muscovies. I am starting to branch out to other breeds. I have a few questions about my new flat footed friends.......

I got this gal a month ago at an auction. They said the was a welsh harlequin i knew she wasn't, at least not pure. So what do you think she is? Maybe a mix? She is pretty large.
View attachment 2035037

These three I got as a bonded trio from a gal who was moving. Was told they where Rouen. You can see one female has a small crest. So did some of the other ducks there. The drake dose not look Rouen to me, at least not from pics of rouen drakes I have seen.
View attachment 2035040

These are my WH. I have had them for about 5 months. I was very excited to find them! The drake is Kelso the ducks are Anna, Elsa, and Bluehilda. Kids named the girls. Do they look decent for WH? My kids are interested in the poultry show circuit. They want to raise ducklings they can maybe show. I have all the ducks together now. We are working on pens so the WH will have their own place.
View attachment 2035336
I'm thinking the three are Appleyard.

Back
Top Bottom